Sunday 12 July 2009

Just the One!

Happy Sunday ladies! Hope you have all had a lovely weekend?
Sunday seems to be my baking day and today was no exception. We were invited to a family friend's house for the afternoon for a BBQ and drinks.
Always happy at an excuse to produce some baked goods I offered to make some cupcakes for desert. The reply was a joking 'just the one! you know we are all skinny and don't eat much!' (we always make way too much food!). Little did she know that I was just waiting for an opportunity to use my new 'giant cupcake' pan and the perfect excuse had just been offered on a plate!
I used the recipe on the box for double chocolate pound cake (you can get it here). It was really easy, although I thought I heard the mixer groan at the sheer volume of mix!
I was concerned that releasing the cakes would be hard but was really impressed when it just lifted off leaving two, perfect, halves of this monster. When cool I trimmed the cakes so that they sat properly and stuck them together with chocolate icing, glazed the top section and finished with white chocolate chip 'sprinkles'. I think it looks great and now want to make more so I can have fun being a bit more creative with the decoration.
She really appreciated the joke when I walked in with it and told her I had just made one like she had told me to!
By the way the cake recipe was yummy!


Have any of you made giant cupcakes? I'd love to see your results!


Love xx




7 comments:

  1. OMG, lol!
    OK, tell me where you got the giant cupcake pan and i'll give your recipe a go and post.
    My little man loves cup cakes and i'd love to see his face when I serve him up one like this.
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, where did you yet the giant cup cake pan from I need one NOW!!!
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! Where did you get your giant cupcake pan from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Was well worth the investment obviously!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too need the giant cupcake pan - theat looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I want one of those!.... how fab!..Tx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your giant cupcake. I bet it was loadsss of fun to make :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I really appreciate it!