Tuesday 14 July 2009

Come Craft with Me!

Today I have been doing some crafting, unfortunately I can't show you what I've been up to because I have been working on projects for the Twilight swap and don't want to ruin the surprise for Denise!
Instead I thought I would take on a mini tour of my craft room!
I love the shabby chic look and try to mix vintage and modern finds but had to compromise a bit in this room. I needed practicality and lots, and lots of storage!.
I tried to keep to the general theme of the rest of the house by painting the walls a pale apple green laying a white wooden floor and keeping the furniture white. I kind of figured that there would be so much lovely stuff to play with in there the modern furniture wouldn't grate too much!

The room is heaving with goodies which I try to keep organised in boxes (but always find things seem to move themselves!!)
There are so many things in this room that make me smile but here are a few of my favourite things!


My books, especially the Rachel Ashwell ones! I can get lost in the pictures!




I have tried to bring the vintage theme into the room with pictures like this, I also have some vintage style scrapbook pages of my grandparents on the walls which I love!





Prima flowers and ribbons always seem to find a way onto my paper crafting projects, I love a flower!!!


I spent ages trying to find an acceptable chair! I really didn't want an 'office' chair but needed something practical and comfy as it was quite likely that I would end up in it for long stints. I found this White wicker office chair in Ikea and thought it was the very thing I was looking for (the cute cushion was a gift from Victoria)



I'd better get back to it now, hope you liked the pictures! I'd really love to hear about where you fellow bloggers craft too :)

Lots of Love xx






9 comments:

  1. you know I want your room tho dont you...

    lol

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring your new stuff over and I'll let you sit in it :)

    Kel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for my craft room!!

    Can't wait to see what you've been putting together for your swap,

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rachel Ashwell...she's got beautiful stuff, though sometimes, it's a little to ruffly for me. :) I do love my modern stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Can I leave my comment even if I'm not a crafter and don't have any craft room, please?
    You have the tidiest craft room ever seen in Blogland! Really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely craft room Kelly, thanks for the lovely comments you have left for me on my blog.
    Hope the swap project goes well, I haven't been brave enough to enter a swap yet.
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did have my own craft room - but the young man decided it would be better for him to sleep in there and turn his room into a teenage "den" for entertaining smelly boys!!!I'm currently doing it in the conservetory, but not very succesfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mix of vintage and new is brilliant, love your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog - loving the Claudine Hellmuth find - will have to check out my TK Maxx now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I really appreciate it!