Friday 3 July 2009

The Beginning

After agonising over names, backgrounds and just about everything (and after some serious encouragement from my friend, bridesmaid and seasoned blogger Victoria) I have decided to take the plunge and post my first blog.

Naming my blog was quite possibly the hardest task as I wanted something that seemed natural and inspired me and it just wasn't happening. I knew I wanted to refer to my future name and Victoria suggested the rest. As soon as I heard the name I knew that my first post would be about my friend Victoria, who never ceases to amaze me, and motivates my natural laziness with her organisation and positivity.


One thing I admire most is that she never forgets to show her gratitude, and it is one of her many 'thank you' notes that has inspired this post.
The words read:
Blend conversation, laughter and fun together.
Add trust and acceptance and mix well.
Stirring gently,
Soften with teardrops and sweeten with understanding.
Sprinkle generously with favourite memories.
Decorate with hugs and smiles and enjoy!
A recipe for life if ever I heard one, and one I believe we use often.
Thank you,

12 comments:

  1. Hooooray your first blog post!!!! How exciting and a special mention for little old me!

    I'll give you a shout out on my blog!!!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Kelly!
    I have been following Victoria's blog for a while, it sounds like you are very lucky to have her as a friend :)
    Baking and crafting are so much fun, and how exciting, your getting married! Im looking forward to seeing your next post :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came over from Victoria's, can't wait to read more!

    Della

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kelly
    Welcome to blogging! I've been reading Victoria's blog for a while so had to have a look when she mentioned your blog! It looks so pretty and what a great name! I am looking forward to reading all about your world!
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kelly, Welcome to blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kelly
    Welcome to blogland, i'm sure you will love it here!
    Have a great weekend
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrat's on your first Post, I come via Victoria's blog!

    You'll find it very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kelly, Welcome to blogland. I came straight over from Victorias blog, if she tells me to visit then I do what Im told!! LOL! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly!
    A warm welcome to the blogging Community!
    I found you through your lovely friend Victoria, thank you for sharing her recipe of life!
    The makeover of your blog is really gorgeus!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great first post!!! Love the Hershey Kiss wrappers and the gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly, welcome to the world of blogging.
    I started my blog a couple of months ago and have become truly addicted, inspired and so welcomed by the commuity. I look forward to reading you future posts, Victoria's blog is one of my fav's and I came to you via her.
    Have a fab weekend.
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I really appreciate it!