Sunday 5 July 2009

Banns and Baking

Hello again! Hope you have all had great weekends doing all the things you love.

Today was a very special day for Mr D and I as it was the first time our banns of marriage were read at church. We are getting married at High Beech and I thought you might like to see a picture. It really is a lovely church, pretty and more importantly full of kind and friendly people.
I was extremely pleased that some of my family were able to join us and am really looking forward to next week when Victoria and Ben will be coming. We will, of course, be setting of to a nearby boot sale afterwards to find some bargains!


After Church I couldn't resist having a little bake, I have loads of recipes I want to try so thought I should make something yummy as a treat for Mr D. As he is a big chocolate fan I made him some chocolate cupcakes from a recipe I found on Martha Stewart Living (my favourite website I can always find what I want on there!)
The recipe was really easy and gave good results, some of the comments on the recipe were from ladies who said their cakes sunk a little but mine came out fine. The only thing I would say is to be careful not to overfill the cases as these cakes rise dramatically. If you want to try these yourself click here for the recipe.
I topped them off with piped buttercream icing (coffee flavoured, at Mr D's request) and a chocolate star. I think they came out pretty well. I'll let you know the results of Mr D's taste test when he tries one!
Well I'd better be signing off now as I'm impatient to see what the rest of you have been up to this weekend!
Love

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!
    The church you choose is lovely!
    Lucky man Mr D.! Those cupcakes looks so delicious and creamy!
    ..about the stall..please let me know if you fancy something..this will be very helpful to me with your wedding present!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly
    The cup cake looks gorgeous!! Lucky Mr D.
    Have a good week.
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any cakes spare for tomorrow?!!!

    Can't wait for next Sunday when I'll put my Sunday best on to go to church!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful church, the garden is so lovely and green.
    Dont you love cupcakes! I think a cupcake can made anyone happy :)

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I really appreciate it!